4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. However we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Contact Us’ Information. If you contact us, whether by submitting an online form that we may make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your email address. We may also retain information contained in your correspondence with us.
4.2. Invitations to Friends. The Site may enable you to invite your friends to use our Site by sending them an invitation email or message through the Site. You may do so by: (i) using the Site to send or post an invitation or introduction message via your Third Party Account; and/or (ii) using the Site to send an invitation or introduction email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a gmail address). If you send or post an invitation message we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address, LinkedIn id, LinkedIn profile, Facebook id, Facebook profile, Google+ id, Google+ profile information or their party website account username and id.
4.3. Log Files. We may make use of log files. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
4.4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies, such as clear GIFs (also known as ‘web beacons’), in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies sent to your browser and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. Persistent cookies, which remain on your computer after you close your browser for use during later visits to the Site, can be removed through using your browser. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. We may use clear GIFs to anonymously track online usage patterns of Site users and in e-mails we may send to users to track which e-mails are opened.
6. Publicly Available Information. Your Public Profile, including your name and other information you choose to make public via your Public Profile, and any content that you post on or via the Site (‘User Submissions’ which may include Personal Information) may be publicly available to other Site users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Site. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Public Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Site or the public. We therefore encourage you to only post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone. In addition, your Public Profile will include a link to your LinkedIn/Facebook/Google+ account, which LinkedIn/Facebook/Google+ members may use to connect with you on LinkedIn.
7. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways:
7.1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access.
7.2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Site and our products; (ii) send you marketing messages from third parties; and/or (iii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request from you (for example, to change your password).
7.3. If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message. We will also store your friend’s e-mail address to register your friend if your invitation is accepted and to track the success of the invitation service.
7.6. We may share or disclose your Personal Information with your consent, such as if you choose to sign on to the Service through a Third Party Account. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information.
8. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
9. Receiving Informational Emails and Opting Out. You may choose to receive future informational, event-related or other Site-related emails from us, which may include events or information from third parties (‘Informational Emails‘), by providing your explicit consent. Even if you agree to receive Informational Emails, you always have the option to opt-out from receiving such Informational Emails by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that is sent. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site.
10. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
11. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information through an Account, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing through your Account, you may log in to your Account and use the tools that we make available on the Site. Alternatively, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
13. Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com
14. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.